AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic pretty much asks the question. I see this number plastered all over them: 1093298. Is that the part #? Does that # (I assume it is a part number) tell me the manufacturer?

The reason I ask is I just got my new 1208s and the blue tube is fried! There is a static image burned in. The other two tubes are fine (green has very slight wear and the red is flawless). If I order a new blue tube, can I do the re-tubing myself? Is it fairly straightforward (just a few nuts and wires)?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You can tell by posting the model number that starts 900xxx and I'll look it up in the list of Barco Graphics projectors I have. I can tell you the tube type and what features it has and when the production run started.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model #: 9000897

Date: 12/96

According to they Barco spreadsheet, it has the Sony 07MFP2 tubes. But I have read that the 1208s can have any one of 3 tubes...1 Sony and 2 MEC. I want to make sure before I buy anything.

Thanks Paul,

John

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Those are the only tubes in the model you have. The 1208 had many variations and they can be differentiated by the exact model number which defines the series. Your series pj has the Sony tubes in it that you describe. I don't even think you COULD put MEC's in if you wanted, but I don't know for sure. Your pj is 10 months into the production run for that series, so it should have few flaws. The Barco part number for the blue tube appears to be R7626576K. Hope this helps.

PS: My 1208s/2 should arrive next week. I'm hoping the tubes will be ok, or else I'll have to turn it out for parts!(Sony tubes are tooo dear ! )

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paul. I think that the PT18-205 is the MEC tube (but don't quote me).

Next question...where do I buy a replacement blue tube?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Sony ? They would likely be cheaper than Barco, but you'd likely need to find a Sony part number that corresponds to the same tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.