AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they replaced the HDTV transmitter in NYC? If so, how strong is it? I'm about 50 miles from the city and before the terrible disaster, I was able to receive 2,4,5,7,11 OTA. I have sold my HDTV receiver but I'm in the market for a new one with a dish. I was wondering if I had any chance getting OTA HDTV.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodcliff Lake, huh? I bet your mouth was watering with the thought of HDTV transmitters in Alpine.

Where would I get info for aiming to Phily? I have a radio shack rooftop antenna installed in my attic. On good days I was getting ~82 signal from NYC. Would that be enough to get to Phily?

·
Registered
172 Posts
You'd have to rotate the antenna and point towards the south. There's CBS 26 and ABC 64 from Philly and PBS 43 from Trenton. If you can't pick up the signals and do not have a pre-amp, try adding one. Or if you do not have a HD STB yet, try picking up the analog signals such as PBS 52, FOX 29, WB 17. If successful, there's a good chance of also being able to acquire the digital signals.

Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.