AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've seen the promos they have going on, but they don't offer the equipment that I really want. I only need one room hooked up, a receiver that has a Dolby digital output, and I want a elliptical dish so that I don't have to swap dishes later when I decide to go hi-def. I know that I may have to pay a little to get a better receiver and that's fine. But what's the cheapest way to become a new subscriber (get the promo programming) and get the equipment I want.

I've read online Blockbuster will let you have the elliptical dish if I insist or say that I want the Para Todos programming, but the receiver is still the basic one. I was at RatShack today and asked about that. The manager told that they won't swap dishes for free and that Blockbuster won't either (hmmm...). But I'll have to check with Blockbuster myself. And I've been told before that if I go with the promo deals right now, the card I would get is married to the basic receiver I get so I can't swap in for another receiver with Dolby digital output.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Get the best deal you can as a NEW subscriber for the equipment that you want. Once you subscribe, you are no longer a NEW subscriber and their are NOT any deals for current subscribers. This applies to D & E.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nkwan
I only need one room hooked up, a receiver that has a Dolby digital output, and I want a elliptical dish so that I don't have to swap dishes later when I decide to go hi-def
.....All StarChoice www.starchoice.com mini-dish systems now have the elliptical dish for HD. Their (older) 421B and current (401) receivers have Dolby Digital coax output.

I have the 421B....many flicks on the five channels of TMN -The Movie Network www.tmn.ca are in DD.

....Within days, the new StarChoice 405 receiver will be available with both coax & optical Dolby Digital outputs :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.