AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say I have ER set up to record every Thursday night as a show-based recording, record all episodes, keep 2.

After I watch an episode is there really any reason to delete it ?? It doesn't free up space, and the replay will eventually record over it. Any thoughts on whether or not this helps to defrag the drive or keep the memory from filling up ??

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Exactly right. The space will be available for non-guaranteed recordings, and for extra pause time.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
So the answer, then, is yes, there is a reason. It's also nice to remove listings clutter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does a non-guaranteed really borrow from a pool, or does it borrow from a specific guaranteed show?

Example. Lets say I have my drive full and then delete 1 hour extended guaranteed show. It then records 1 hour extended non-guaranteed. Then I delete another 1 hr guaranteed. Lets say it remains static until the 1st guaranteed show I deleted comes back to record. Will it take the new free hour, or take back the space borrowed to the non-g records? What if I deleted whole channels to permanently free more space?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.