AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a remote that can operate the bose ls28iii successfully which is located in the close 5 feet from where im sitting and also in the closet is a cable box.

I have tried the harmony 890 with the extender and can only get partial commands to work, like vol+ will work, but vol- wont. and if i press mute, it will mute the bose, but 1 second later the speakers come back on.

and if i press watch dvd the bose definitly will not switch to cd/dvd, it just stays on cab/sat.

i need a remote that operates easy and like one button touch.

If ANYONE knows a remote that can do this please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There will always be issues with setting up those remotes though, because you can't just put in IR codes. Bose had to go ahead and make their Lifestyle system RF. Though, for what it is, the included remote does what I'd say is a decent job as acting for an entire system remote. If it is set up properly in the menu, and the IR repeaters are set up correctly, you should be able to get that one-touch operation.

I beleive the Universal MX850,900,950 's will all work with the Bose LS xx III systems. I don't know exactly how to go about programming them, but I have seen it done on multiple occasions.

-Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using a Harmony 676 on an older Lifestyle 28 system. I have been able to get it programmed to operate almost all of the functions. It is not as easy as using the Bose remote, but the activity buttons are much easier for my wife who only uses the TV/cable and the DVD. I did have trouble with programming until I went to Bose support who walked me through how to do it using IR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.