AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry if this post runs afoul of posting rules. I posted a FS post in the marketplace forum for RPTV's but I'm trying to figure out if there's *any* value in what I'm trying to sell. If not I may just chuck it.

I have an old Runco 5800 - it's a 58" RPTV that dates to around 1998 - the very early days of HD. It's based on a Toshiba chassis and was well reviewed in its day. 7" CRT guns on the inside so I figured you front PJ guys might see some value in it for parts??

It still works fine - I use it with an Extron component -> RGBHV converter (the set has RGBHV input for HD). But like all things I'm upgrading to a completely different set up so the 5800 has to go.

The set is huge as was typical of RPTV's - finished in a beautiful polished black. It must weigh 300-400 pounds but rolls on casters.

So . . . is there ANY value to this thing? As a set? For parts?

Would love and appreciate any/all opinions...

TIA,

TM

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes and no...

Of course it has some value in its usefulness, but beyond that, personally, it only has monetary value if someone will actually pay you something for it.

If you want to see if anyone will actually pay you for it, put it in Craigslist, or ebay or something. Pick a price to ask for it, if you get NO response, lower it till you either get a response or you've reduced it to nothing as the asking price.

Free might get it picked up for you...

·
Registered
639 Posts
In a word NO

However if you'd like to bring it over to my house I'll give you $20 for it.

There just isn't any real interest in CRT RP anymore.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Try putting it on Craigslist, its free! You have a ton of visibility in NY, NY.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I don't disagree, but figured I'd ask anyway
I'll try Craigslist...

Thanks,

TM

·
Registered
235 Posts
I still think you can get money for it. It is a 1080i capable widescreen HDTV. Definitely still worth some $$ if it works good.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I have had very good luck with CL!

So far whatever I have put on there has sold, granted sometimes it takes a long time to actually get a response for it, but eventually it will sell

Try CL, if it is as good as working condition as you feel it is it will definatly be worth a bill or two for some college football type and his garage!

Good luck

Martin

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll definitely try the CL route, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts