AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do another hard drive upgrade. I'm wondering if there is anyway to backup just the schedule. I don't really need the shows because this is the living room TV that I just want to have extra entertainment available for guests. I looked in the FAQ but didn't see any info on this. I just skimmed it though.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
1) Pen and paper.

2) If you use the original drive as the source for the upgrade, you don't have to copy the mpeg partition. Copying the system partition will retain everything but the actual shows. You'll need to go through the Replay Guide and delete shows.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
If you use DVArchive - enable the DVArchive "webserver" (the default port of 8080 should be fine) and after any required restarts - open a browser to the url shown on the bottom of the DVArchive properties - Web Server tab and surf away... The DVR explorer is pretty much the same as what you see when you look at the normal DVArchive program.

The web-view of the upcoming shows is _very_ different than the upcoming shows view in the normal interface - I find the web server display method more useful by far than the "normal" DVA view.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rm -rf *.*
The web-view of the upcoming shows is _very_ different than the upcoming shows view in the normal interface - I find the web server display method more useful by far than the "normal" DVA view.
Out of curiosity -- what do you find so different about it? Looks about the same to me :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought it was better too, but I don't remember why. I only looked at it once.

I was thinking, since DVArchive can schedule shows, shouldn't it be easy to add the ability to "backup" and "restore" the programming??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gduprey
Out of curiosity -- what do you find so different about it? Looks about the same to me :)
Perhaps it is simply the fact that the web server view visually separates the days whereas the program view does not. I think either way is great :)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I wrote the above post based on my memory of the two screens - and now that you mention it Gerry - it's exactly what mharger03 says: The simple fact that the web-view "physically" seperates each day from the others. (*nudge*nudge*wink*wink* Feature Request * Feature Request *) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.