AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the 360 for DVD playback for a month now and know that I can only upscale DVDs over the VGA cable. MY problem is that my older Hitachi HD RPTV only has component. Is there any way to get around this short of my having to get a new TV? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
Well the only way to get around it is to buy the VGA cables. Then buy a transcoder (wanna spend about $300+ to get any type of decent PQ). Or you can buy a scaler. But the ones worth buying usually start at the $1k+ range.

I'm in the same boat. I already have an upconverting DVD player but would have liked to replace it with the 360. I could move the DVD player to my other HDTV that only has component connections. It upconverts via component and HDMI. Plus that's one more device removed from the A/V clutter in my living room.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just wait till I get a new TV. I moved to the 360 to avoid clutter and get away from an extra remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.