AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't watch a ton of sports, but I do watch football during the NFL season. We're getting rid of our cable, and I can't find a good (or really any) way to watch live NFL games over the internet.

I don't care if it's a subscription I have to sign up / pay for. Has the NFL / ESPN really not put something like this together yet (in the US, I know there is the game pass but that's not really helpful)

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15nut /forum/post/19524747

firstrow dot net

hopefully not stepping on any toes

Not bad.

I had the Colts/Pats game on my 61" and then pulled up the Bucs/49ers and Saints/Hawks side-by-side on my laptop.

Next weekend I may try to pull up all the games via the HTPC on my bigscreen.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
DirectTV has an exclusive contract to show all the NFL games. The only legal way to watch the NFL is either through DirectTV or whatever games your local station wants you to see.

In my area, the local channel decides that we want to see games from teams which are not even from our state...so we get to miss quite a few home team games.

There are many illegal ways to watch the games, though.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/19527310

I use NFL.com.

You can't watch live games on nfl.com. At least not in the US.

I've got a number of sites I go to for watching live games I can't get with my antenna. But I won't list them here.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here's an article how to use the NFL Game Pass where you're not suppose to: Watch NFL Cheap . If there are problems with VPNGates, try ExpressVPN. This also works for other streaming services such as MLB, NBA, NHL, and so on.

Also, NFL.com/live shows the Thursday Night games free and is the NFL Network's feed. NBCsports.com shows the Sunday Night Games for free too.

If you don't have to watch live, NFL offers Game Rewind and has all the games up within 24hrs after completion. Most are up within a few minutes. It's a lot cheaper. Game Pass also included the archive service, which goes back about two years.

Technically the NFL don't want you to do this. Just don't display it at a bar kind of thing. It's not stealing either because you did pay for it unlike the sites list earlier or JustinTV, Veetle.com, and so forth. The quality is really good if you have the bandwidth; it sacrifices audio before video.

You'll never see the Game Pass availiable in the US while DirectTV, or anyone else, has the exclusive rights to have all games shown at once like Sunday Ticket. Game Pass is basically online Sunday Ticket. On a side note, you do get the RedZone on Sundays, and the NFL Network live feed anytime during your subscription.

·
Registered
934 Posts
another side note, ESPN3 does a good job with college football. It has all kinds of games that ABC/ESPN carry. It has some exclusive games only on EPSN3. The trick on it, your ISP has be pay for it for you to get it.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekeiiy /forum/post/19527735

Also, NFL.com/live shows the Thursday Night games free and is the NFL Network's feed.

Sorta. I checked this out two weeks ago and they didn't stay live with the game. They did the first series live and then went to the studio and while the game was back to live action they were still in studio for over 10 minutes and doing sideline reports, never going back to live action.

Ummmm, I want to watch the game please. Thus I canned it and went back to watching commercials in Russian, which is kinda cool actually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts