AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed if I keep a movie in my PS3 with it off, and then turn it on, it just goes right to the main screen (dashboard)

But,

If a game is in, it starts up, goes to dashboard and automatically runs the game. Its kind of a PITA when I want to watch a movie with the game in there, I have to wait for it to start up, then hold down PS, turn off game, eject, etc....

Is there any way to stop games from automatically running on start up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendukoo /forum/post/0

I noticed if I keep a movie in my PS3 with it off, and then turn it on, it just goes right to the main screen (dashboard)

But,

If a game is in, it starts up, goes to dashboard and automatically runs the game. Its kind of a PITA when I want to watch a movie with the game in there, I have to wait for it to start up, then hold down PS, turn off game, eject, etc....

Is there any way to stop games from automatically running on start up?

Thanks in advance!

Umm... I know the feeling. There is a simple solution for this, as soon the SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINENT Bootup screen goes away, make sure to select anything else on the right/left side and the XMB will bypass and wont launch the game.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What I do is hit the PS button ( you know that will turn the PS3 on right) and then move the the XMB left or right up or down, to get it off the Game thats in the drive, thats if i dont want to boot up and go directly into the game.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon /forum/post/0

One suggestion I've read is to create a second user account on the PS3. That way it will always ask you what user account to load before running any media.

Yup...I have my US, Japan, and Hong Kong accounts and it always prompts me to log in first. From there it never auto loads anything. If you leave a game in it will be ready to be selected for playing. I hated the autoload feature, but forgot about it once I created multiple accounts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's already been said above, but adding a 2nd user account is your best bet... you have to choose a user when it starts up and won't jump to a movie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.