AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten an offer on this machine, but don't know anything about it. I found some information using the 'search' function but nothing reaally useful. I've no further information on the age of the unit nor the price of it. Is it worth go seeing it at all?

Please post any information you know about this machine, a recommended price for a used unit would also be appriciated

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
It's somewhat similar to my Davis 650. If it has the software upgrade to fix the tearing when attatched to an HTPC, it has an excellent picture (when hooked up to a Home Theater Computer instead of it's mediocre internal scaler).

You would be happy with this projector as long as you don't primarily use it via it's SVHS or composite.

It should have a long life Philips bulb, too (6000 hour).

------------------

Robert Clark

See our home theater (with very poor quality pics!)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...874&a=12744078

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi there,

I have a DLX10 and find it to be superb. I tested alot of reasonably priced projectors and none were any better than the DLX 10, most worst, and cost more.

I have mine mounted within a coffee table projecting onto a 84" screen and the brightness and contrast is excellent.

As a side note, if anyone has a Sega Dreamcast, Playstation2 etc and a projector, order a VGA box and plug it into your projectors pc input - the results are unbeatable!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK great, how about the price? What is a fair price, unfortunally I don't know how old it is but give it a shot anyway.

How about Davis DLS8, is that the same machine but SVGA?? I've been offerd one of those too.

Projectorcentral states that neither of these two projectors has ceiling mount and keystone correction, but according to Davis website ceiling-mount is optional, whats the deal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.