AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you - Was just curious if there's something beyond that w/ the Sony
nothing wrong with X900b picture, I just kind of feel the black level isn't that deep as he should be and Full LED cost a lot.. some part of me says, just keep it, cause I got a super great deal on it! But other part says, You know OLED is better right, but the Oled has burn in, maybe I should pass it up, cause both of my plasma tvs have burn in, one was made in 2011 and the other was made in 2013 and both has burn in... so I have really bad luck with not getting any burn in, as u can tell from what your reading lol.....

·
Registered
791 Posts
nothing wrong with X900b picture, I just kind of feel the black level isn't that deep as he should be and Full LED cost a lot.. some part of me says, just keep it, cause I got a super great deal on it! But other part says, You know OLED is better right, but the Oled has burn in, maybe I should pass it up, cause both of my plasma tvs have burn in, one was made in 2011 and the other was made in 2013 and both has burn in... so I have really bad luck with not getting any burn in, as u can tell from what your reading lol.....
It seems OLEDs are less susceptible to burn in than Plasmas. If you don't leave a static image for 10 of hours, the worst you can get is some image retention. Image retention goes away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How much did you pay for your X900b? I'm looking for deal on it now.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
My 55ec9300 is used as a computer monitor and mostly used for gaming. I've spent days only playing far cry and no burn in. I guess if u leave it in vivid mode from day one and only play a single loop 12 hours a day then maybe u can damage it. I've never heard an actual owner who had burn in and many people are using it for m gaming and as a monitor.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 55ec9300 is used as a computer monitor and mostly used for gaming. I've spent days only playing far cry and no burn in. I guess if u leave it in vivid mode from day one and only play a single loop 12 hours a day then maybe u can damage it. I've never heard an actual owner who had burn in and many people are using it for m gaming and as a monitor.
how many months have you had the EC9300, some times it take half or a full year to see a burn in....

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm not too concerned about burn-in. The only comparison point I have is my Galaxy Nexus phone which took 3 years to develop burn-in from uneven aging. I expect the EC9300 to last longer than that, given that a) it's a newer generation OLED, LG has added a lot of failsafes to protect against this and b) uneven aging should be less of an issue on a TV since content is more varied, whereas on a phone you're browsing through a lot of the same menus over and over again.

·
Registered
33,776 Posts
Remember that the LG OLED has that self-correcting algorithm that kicks in at periodic intervals. That's a huge difference relative to previous emissive displays that never had such abilities.

So there really is no comparison.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts