AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get my cable card activated. Is there anything on a computer that can stop it from receiving a hit? Can something in windows 7 or bios block the cable card from receiving the hit?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Uh, no. It's their card connected to their cable going into the house, not yours. Even if MS, SD, or Ceton wanted to block card updates they couldn't because of the CableLabs requirements.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2  /t/1422025/is-there-anything-on-a-w...ablecard-from-hit-getting-a-hit#post_22254271

I cant get my cable card activated. Is there anything on a computer that can stop it from receiving a hit? Can something in windows 7 or bios block the cable card from receiving the hit?

Not necessarily the cablecard block, but if you have an anti-virus or firewall porgram that is not set up for Windows Media Center, you won't be able to use a CableCard tuner.

Read the number of posts on approved anti-virus/firewall programs, or what setttings you need to make yours work with the Media Center.

Hint: Win 7 treats a cablecard tuner as just another NIC.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Have you tried swapping out cable cards?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with my system this past week. About two months ago I had to do a full re-install of Win7-64 and things were working beautifully...Then out of the blue I could not record any HDTV programming with the CetonInf4 PCIe. To keep things short I had to have Bright House swap out my M-Card for another. A supervisor inputted all of the details I supplied to a customer service rep, after about 30 minutes on the phone I was back in business. After getting the replacement card activated I noticed I was able to view some channels I should have been able to with the first card but never could get (even after calling 2 or 3 times to re-hit the card). I use AVAST anti virus software myself and have had zero problems with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts