AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Mistubishi HC 1500U back from repair (again...the color wheel) and when watching dark scenes there are quite a few large light colored fairly translucent blurry spots about 6" in diameter showing on the screen and outside the screen. I tried cleaning the front of the PJ lens but they are still there. I assume some dust got in somewhere behind the lens when they were repairing it...any suggestions as to how and fix it? I would take a compressed air can to it but am afraid it may make it worse...

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
They are dust blobs. Only way to really get them out is to open it up and get into the light path(takes a bit of work). I would contact the repair shop and explain to them that it wasn't there before and have them clean them out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The repair center place is up in Seattle and I am down here in San Diego. Took a month to get back from repair so not worth sending all the way back. Could I clean it myself? I assume there are dust blobs on the dlp light chip?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found that link too! Thanks and wish me luck...hopefully still have some compressed air lying around here somewhere..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts