AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the extra bulb and additional year of service... has anyone seen these side by side? Is the image that much better on the 6050ub?

Trying to decide between the two.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
Image wise no. You are leaving out the nice Chief mount, black housing, ability to use an A-lens and extra calibration controls. There is also the hand picked lens, which gives higher measured contrast, but you are not going to be able to see that difference. The other differences do add up to quite a bit of value.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Aside from the extra bulb and additional year of service... has anyone seen these side by side? Is the image that much better on the 6050ub?

Trying to decide between the two.
I probably should have gone for the 6050 just so I wouldn't have to hear my wife complain about the big white projector hanging from our black ceiling.

Personally, I wouldn't (and didn't) value the "better performance" of the PJ as anything. It is really doubtful if you would be able to see it even side-by-side. If the color, extra bulb, and mount sound worth the cost, then go for it. It wasn't for me.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
I probably should have gone for the 6050 just so I wouldn't have to hear my wife complain about the big white projector hanging from our black ceiling.

Personally, I wouldn't (and didn't) value the "better performance" of the PJ as anything. It is really doubtful if you would be able to see it even side-by-side. If the color, extra bulb, and mount sound worth the cost, then go for it. It wasn't for me.
And extra year of warranty. Also if using a scope screen the ability to be able to add an A-lens could be big or it could be no value at all. But if you had thoughts of going to a larger screen, it could be a huge deal.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
And extra year of warranty. Also if using a scope screen the ability to be able to add an A-lens could be big or it could be no value at all. But if you had thoughts of going to a larger screen, it could be a huge deal.
Its just a bloody shame that an A-lens cost as much if not quite a bit more than the projector itself.

Some say if you were to put both the 5050 and 6050 side by side you would notice the difference in image but without that I doubt anyone couldn’t tell which was in use.

Reactions: Azekecse

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had three earlier white UB series and this is the first time I went down the extra money for the Cinema Series 6050UB (only $700 more actually). I love it and would buy it again over the 5050UB, for all the above mentioned reasons, The mount (best in class), Black color (looks beautiful), Extra lamp, Better lense (maybe ¯\(ツ)/¯ ?), and an added year warranty (peace of mind).

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Love the Chief mount that came with my Epson 6040, still using it for my JVC NX-7, albeit with a new plate.

If I had a choice I would purchase the 6050 if the budget allows, it provides a better overall value.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts