AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a dual DVI card (for HS10 and lcd panel).

But I can find only one model: Matrox Parhelia. Which seems overpriced.

Is there any other model?

Can other cards be upgraded?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Try these other solutions from Matrox. Links provided below:

G550

P650

P750

The G550 DVI would probably fill your needs as long as you don't have a strong need for gaming. The "P" series were just released and I haven't seen any reviews of them.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riktar,

I excluded the G550 since I'm not sure for how long they are going to support it.

I tun into the problem with the G40etv (which is still sold) but they don't release new drivers anymore despite all the known issues.

However the 650 and 750 look like an interesting option.

No fans, could be ideal for a media PC.

I wonder what the street pricing will be. The prices on the matrox site seem to be to high.

Somebody brought this one to my attention:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Ha...08x/index.html [/url]

But I'm not sure about the street pricing either.

metropole

·
Registered
538 Posts
While the costs are above the "average" video card they are still WAY below the Parhelia.

I am probably going to sell my Parhelia while I can still get a decent resale value on it. You can bet that the pricepoint on used models will fall once the stripped down (P650/750) Parhelias hit the streets.

·
Registered
538 Posts
In regards to the Nvidia card (And others) when comparing to Matrox cards they don't hold a candle on the 2D output.

I had upgraded from a G400 MAX to a Radeon 9000 Pro and while the 2D quality wasn't as good, it was closer than previous models I tried. So I convinced myself that it was "good enough".

When I bought the Parhelia and put it in I was completely blown away by the 2D clarity and lack of eye strain compared to the ATI card. From now on only Matrox cards are going to live in my machine. While they might not be the best at gaming, they just flat-out stomp other cards into the dust in 2D quality. They ARE that good at it.

By the By, The Nvidia cards have a way to go to catch up with Matrox 2D as well.

Rick

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do the Parhelia's work for DVD's on a projector?

How well do they work together with TV tuners? I think some cards require some support technology from the VGA card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.