AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone makes a corner mounted wall mount flat panel mount? (That's a lot of "mounts"). Like the typical wall mount, except for a corner of a room?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint S. /forum/post/15505296


Does anyone know if anyone makes a corner mounted wall mount flat panel mount? (That's a lot of "mounts"). Like the typical wall mount, except for a corner of a room?

Thanks.
http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...al_accessories

Otherwise: Google "corner wall mount"

Look at the articulating mounts; remembering that you want a stud(s) to hang it on.

Bring $$$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
$760 for a 'corner' wall mount ? Wow.

Concur on using an articulating mount (at probably 1/3 the price.) With just a little planning and a few careful measurements it should be possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrin /forum/post/15506307

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...al_accessories

Bring $$$$

OMG. They're insane, you ain't kidding. You could take a welding course, learn how to weld, and buy some welding equipment for that price and still have $ left over to buy a small island.


Quote:
Otherwise: Google "corner wall mount"

Look at the articulating mounts; remembering that you want a stud(s) to hang it on.

That's what I've been doing since I posted this. I came across some Peerless mounts but ran away with my tail between my legs. I did see http://www.da-lite.com/products/prod...cID=13&pID=265 which can be found for less than 60 bucks, but I found out from them it's not a TV mount, you have to buy a wall mount to mount to that corner mount. Which is ok if it will take a standard wall mount. They didn't say that in their email reply, so I had to ask. I had originally asked them about the weight it supports, and he said the same weight as their wall mounts (200 lbs.). If they will take a typical wall mount, that would work ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint S. /forum/post/15515358


OMG. They're insane, you ain't kidding. You could take a welding course, learn how to weld, and buy some welding equipment for that price and still have $ left over to buy a small island.




That's what I've been doing since I posted this. I came across some Peerless mounts but ran away with my tail between my legs. I did see http://www.da-lite.com/products/prod...cID=13&pID=265 which can be found for less than 60 bucks, but I found out from them it's not a TV mount, you have to buy a wall mount to mount to that corner mount. Which is ok if it will take a standard wall mount. They didn't say that in their email reply, so I had to ask. I had originally asked them about the weight it supports, and he said the same weight as their wall mounts (200 lbs.). If they will take a typical wall mount, that would work ok.




You know that you can find Peerless on Amazon for super cheap, right? Take a look there. And I would go through Peerless again and double check that's the right bracket. The last time I ordered one for a client it was only about $500, and that was at retail pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk11 /forum/post/15517286


You know that you can find Peerless on Amazon for super cheap, right? Take a look there. And I would go through Peerless again and double check that's the right bracket. The last time I ordered one for a client it was only about $500, and that was at retail pricing.

"Only about $500"??
Yeah I never buy anything "retail". I can't understand why these things are so incredibly expensive. I saw a floor mount FP stand yesterday and they were $700. I guess that's a "bargain" considering 3 pieces of steel for ~$500. The people at http://www.da-lite.com/products/prod...cID=13&pID=265 told me you can't even mount a typical wall mount to that! Evidently it's some kind of proprietary bolt pattern, but it still should work if you drill the VESA bolt pattern in it.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top