AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure I'm using the right term.

Has anyone ever built a front stage where there is a line of tweeters, mids and woofers across the front stage ? I'm interested in the measurements.

For example, divide a third of each set to each front channel, or extend it passed the screen with wides.

Is there somewhere I could search for examples of this ? And in the end, is it more work than what it's worth ?

·
Premium Member
7,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc  /t/1469301/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-horizontal-line-array/0_100#post_23229021

Im not sure I'm using the right term.

Has anyone ever built a front stage where there is a line of tweeters, mids and woofers across the front stage ? I'm interested in the measurements.

For example, divide a third of each set to each front channel, or extend it passed the screen with wides.

Is there somewhere I could search for examples of this ? And in the end, is it more work than what it's worth ?

yes. the best front stage is three matching speakers, tweeters around ear level, across the front.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc  /t/1469301/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-horizontal-line-array#post_23229021

For example, divide a third of each set to each front channel
They're called sound bars, and they don't work all that well. Better than the internal TV speakers, but that's about it.

·
Premium Member
7,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldare  /t/1469301/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-horizontal-line-array#post_23229410

Something like this ?

dbl

That's an array, just not like the OP was asking about. He's pretty much describing a sound bar like Bill said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts