AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all I was just wondering if there is such a thing as an Integrated A/V Amplifier. Reason being is that I currently have a Pioneer receiver but the thing is i don't really listen to the radio/tuner section much if at all. Even though the money paid for this isn't much I was wondering about this since also the separates way would not work due to finance and space issues (wife approved budget for this would be virtually impossible to achieve). I also was wondering about the budget aspect of this since if possible I may consider it if it exists..Please chime in and educate me on the many option (yeah even the expensive ones too, you never know might hit the lotto jackpot.....once I start playing) Thanks...

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Not only the AM/FM tuner, but now it's even worse. Many have AM/FM, Sirius, and XM as well now.

Generally in separates you have a Pre-amp / Processor unit, and then separate power amps.

Seems like you want an AVR with no tuner sections at all right? I am not aware of any.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you are on point. I was just doing some research and came across something close enough. The company is called Linar 10. I just browsed through the review on it but I didn't notice anything about Dolby or DTS processing but it is multi-channel. The reviews tested it on some pretty great stuff. The price is way up there out of my league though. They mentioned it's performance on movies such as Black Hawk Down and Hell Boy. Thanks for chiming in though....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I doubt that you will find anything within a reasonable cost. You'd have to look at high end products (like you have seen).

For the mass produced stuff, it's not much more cost to a manufacturer to add in the tuner circuitry and sell that to both consumers that will use it and those that won't. But to create a separate product with out certain features would add to the cost of manufacturing of the products.

I agree with that this is a feature that I don't use, and probably most users will not, but we just have to live with ignoring it.

mp

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as you mentioned before, the features that would be useless keep adding up. I agree with the fact that it would be more cost effective to just make AVR's but it would have been a great idea if this idea had caught on. I have a separate system if Mrs. Wildcard26 wants to hear the radio, and she thinks it's just too much to put it on anyway so the tuner rarely sees the light of day. But I would still like to get my hands on one if it ever came to pass.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I realized that. It was perfect for what I asked about the Vincent Audio model was great too. Loved the aesthetics of it. I was of the opinion that not having to put in the circuitry for those tuner options would reduce the production cost but upon further thinking investigation it won't be feasible because the market for AVRs is alot bigger and to satisfy a small market of people that don't want the tuners would not be good for business. In an ideal world the option would have been great for people like me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.