AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a no kidding true story, I would like opinions as to whether it is a freak coincidence, or a really severe headache from watching a DLP.

Here is what happened:

I want to buy a DLP PJ, but the talk here of rainbows had me a little apprehensive. So yesterday I took the wife down to the local AV shop and looked at the display from a DLP PJ (Yamaha I think) and several DLP RPTVs to see if we could see rainbows. No rainbows for either of us, even when trying to look for them. The salesman said he had only 2 guys that could see them in 4 years of selling DLPs. Great just what I was hoping for. So when we left both of us had a slight headache (more like tired eyes), however we chalked it up to imagination since we read about the 'headaches' before going in.

Anyway about 4 hours later I get the worst headache I have ever had. It continued through the night and into the this morning, I was also seeing spots at times. It was so bad I went to the doctors and they gave me a shot and a prescription for Lorecet. They said it might be a migraine (I have never had a migraine before and neither has anyone in my family). They told me to come back Tuesday if it isn't better. Well it isn't as bad now (probably partially do to the drugs), but it isn't all better now either, a full 33 hours after I left the AV store. I know this isn't imagined because I didn't even think about it being related to the PJ until my wife mentioned it as a potential cause this morning.

Anyway I know it sounds like BS, but it is a no kidding true story. I would like to think it is just a bizarre coincidence since I really like the way the DLPs look. What do you people who have gotten headaches from DLPs think?

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
my guess, coincidence. For me they start around 10-20min after I start viewing and go on for an hour or two after I stop. (times are guestimates, I don't think I ever looked at my watch)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The first time I got a migraine that required a prescription, I would avoid anything I could that happened that day, especially if it was new. Food, places, displays, smells (My gf and I got a splitting headache from the scent of a plant we stopped to take a picture of... )

Everyone is different.

I would not be the slightest bit curious, and would have no need to experiment further. I have no need to smell that flower again.

Just my .02

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
go back and watch again, maybe it was just a fluke

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Sounds too severe to be a DLP headache.

If you feel up to it, repeat what you did before, and if it happens again, then you've got a culpret.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.