AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Barcovision had it, so did my Sony 1020, my old BD600 and a friends BD701s and my new BG1208 also..

A total of 5 pj's ranging from junk to good.

(front ceiling mounted)

About a 1/4 in on the image from the left there is a narrow

(about 10% of total imagesize) a vertical band that looks like it is squeezed. So when a scrolling text or panning image moves, the picure "waves" in that area.

It is not fixable with any geometry adjustments that i know of.

It is a little difficult to describe..

I thought i have had bad luck, but when my friend said he had it also, i am wondering if it is this on all crt pj's.

I am going to check another friends Sony1271 also,

·
Registered
139 Posts
My Dwin HDP-500 doesn't do this. Try running 3-5% over-scan and see if that helps. Other than that it sounds like a horz. linearity problem that should be adjustable provided your source doesn't have a problem with it's horizontal sync pulses.

Don

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I would say you need to increase your overscan more also. Your screen has or should have about a 3 inch flat black border around it that you should be projecting into about an inch all the way around. Some will say more and some less. If your not projecting onto your border, it's no surprise that your seeing weird artifacts around the edges.

Chip S.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't think it's an overscan issue. If it were, from Anders 10% description, he'd have to push (another?) 5% off each the left and right hand side. That's too much (IMO).

Is it possible you haven't used Phase Shift to slide the image to the right on the raster, away from the left-hand edge where there are geometric distortions right after the beam retrace? Then you slide the raster over to re-center the image.

If the same person set up all these PJs and was not aware of this phenomenon and how to compensate for it, they'd all exhibit the same characteristic distortions.

- Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Overscan? I do NOT overscan. The guns are well within the

tube borders .

I have attached a pic to show WHERE they are.

A better descrition might be that it looks like the image

hits a speedbump right at this area (the band is from top to bottom).

More visible on text scrolling from right to left.

And it is NOT visible by eye on the adjustment patterns

in geom/conv.

We i have adjusted all the pj's i have but my friend adjusted his byhimself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's just not with only my setup. Also my friends, and he has different pj, screen, dvd player etc..

And it is not visible on test pattern, but on the other hand i havent measured the pattern. It probably is there also if i measure.

I think it would be strange, that ALL my sources and ALL my recent projectors have shown the prob.

It is not THAT visible, it took me atleast 1/2 year before i noticed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.