AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Does it sound good? If it does it's good for you. Some people would love a setup like that and some people wouldn't even consider buying such low-end equipment. The point is, if it sound good to you and you're happy with it then it's good.

If you are thinking about purchasing it, definitely listen to it in your own space to make sure it's what you're expecting. I have JBL speakers and I think they do a great job with movies. The receiver is a great receiver in its class.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It is all in your ears. To me that would be a great setup. A few things I would think about - I'd probably go with a JBL PB10 or 12 sub ( I have a PB 10) just to keep stuff in the family.

If I had room for towers I'd look at the S310s - Might be nicer if you are doing music listening as well as HT

I might save money in the back with S26s

But, yes I think your setup would sound very nice to my ears.

·
Registered
663 Posts
consider using s38s all around, including the center

start with 5.1 and use the extra money to buy a better sub. try to get into a pb12 or an hsu/svs. that will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thinking about using S36s instead of the 38s because of the size/weight difference and going with the JBL PB-10 or PB12 sub, but stick with the AVR-525

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.