AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor /forum/post/14254392

I was advised to stay away from receivers and use a dedicate amp for them.

who told you that...

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor /forum/post/14254669

SVS, some user on this forum, a RL friend... =/

So your saying a receiver would be better? All receivers I see are 6OHMs min, so I'd need to wire them for 8ohms.

I use 1 shaker off the left and right channel, 4 ohms each there. 8ohms for the rest: Two off the center. Two off the surround left and two off surround right.

On a $100 refurb receiver.

One shakers are not sent a signal all the time, so it is not a heavy non stop usage through most movies. Second I have a inaudible fan over the heatsinks. And third I don't think they are 4 ohms for very long IIRC.

Either way I don't think you have much to worry about. 6 ohm rating on receivers are guidelines not rules.

·
Registered
311 Posts
balance out the load on both channels instead of putting everything on one side of the amp.

think of the shakers as your speakers. Would you put both speakers on one channel or would you rather put one on each channel?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinhTD /forum/post/14255139

balance out the load on both channels instead of putting everything on one side of the amp.

think of the shakers as your speakers. Would you put both speakers on one channel or would you rather put one on each channel?

Makes sense, also.. my sub has 2 inputs, i've only been using 1. Should I buy a Y adapter for that too? I heard that some subs perform better like that.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im reading that input 1 on this amp i'm buying has a auto off feature that turns the amp off during quiet scenes, music... lots of people hate it. Input 2 does not however... I wonder how it would react if I used both... =/

Maybe I need to look at a different amp..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.