Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I think I'm getting a great deal, but I need your opinion.

Circut City has this TV on sale for $2112. Best Buy's normal price is $2160. Best Buy is also having their Prefered Customer Weekend this weekend, so I can get 10% off. Circut City will match this price. Best Buy for some reason doesn't carry the RCA TV stand, but Circuit City does for $300. Circuit City's warranty is $180 for 3 years. And Best Buy's is $350.

So, in summery, Getting it from Circuit City I can get the RCA F38310 for $1944. The matching stand for $300. And a 3 year extended warranty for $180. Oh yeah, and I get free shipping.

Should I even bother to get a price match from Sears? They want $2500 just for the TV.:eek:

Thanx!:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am just looking into this set and that's the best price I've seen. Not fantastic or anything, but nice.

Are you ordering online?

Is that Preferred Customer Weekend something special for people who buy there a lot or can anyone use it to pricematch from circuitcity.com?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I'm going through with my local CC and BB.

I have no idea how someone becomes a prefered customer. I guess you just have to have made a large perchase in the past. I can't remember the last time I was there.:confused:

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
RCA Got me a 5 year warranty for $179 last year. What your saving in price your paying in over priced warranty IMO! The price I paid in June of 2001 was $2999, which included a rebate in the form of a DVP Progressive scan # RC6000P.

In buying out of state 7 miles on state border I saved my self 6% sales tax which paid for my 5 year warranty. Stand, delivery and set up were included in the $2999 price. In 2 weeks my F-38310JX4 will be 1 trouble free year old and gentlemen I would gladly do, the same again all over again!:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went to Circuit City today to buy one since I read to post about it being on sale for $1999. Well I got there and it was on sale for 1899. It's a YX5 with a manufacturing date of April 2002. One hour and so far, so good. Next I have to to get a transcoder...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*UPDATE*

Circut City now has the TV on sale for $1939. Then they will price match Sears' quote for the TV stand for $279. Add on the 3 year warranty for $179. Is this new deal a great deal or should I wait?

Thanx!:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Take it. Any price under $2000 is a great price for this TV. It may be a classic very soon, if RCA decides to discontinue it.

If it doesn't break, you'll love this true HDTV.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I bought the 38310 for my parents at CC for $1899 (they matched the price quoted in this thread, since I showed it to them). Now, since I want it to be delivered, it comes from the warehouse, so I couldn't check the manufacture date. The sales dweeb (hope he's not reading this) told me that I could check it when it is being delivered, and if I don't like it, he'll have them take it away.

I need to know before 5pm eastern today what I need to look for on the box/set to figure out if it is new enough, etc.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
aviators99,

On mine the manufacturing date was stamped on the box in small black print. The YX5 was on the sticker with the serial number. All clearly visible w/o opening the box.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JoshG
aviators99,

On mine the manufacturing date was stamped on the box in small black print. The YX5 was on the sticker with the serial number. All clearly visible w/o opening the box.
Thanks. It was April 22, 2002 manufacturing date and YX5 was clearly visible.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bought one today for 1,850....great deal...price at Cir City was 1,899....and he gave me $50 off.

Hey Hob is that warranty still available??? In house??? Through RCA??? Great deal. CIr City wants 370 for a 5 year....looking for a better deal. If RCA will give me one I'll go for it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I took the plung!

Got the TV for $1939, the stand for $250, and the Ex. warranty for $180. Not to shabby if I do say so myself.

PS-- All from Circuit City.:)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
like i said in another thread, with the built-in HDTV receiver taken into consideration, it's a no brainer. there's not mush HDTV OTA right now, but what little there is looks AMAZING on this tv.

since it's getting discontinued, i think it's a MUSt to get at least the 3 year plan on this, because if anything happens to it and they can't replace it, you get your $ back.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I received my TV today and it looks great. The HD on HD net is fantastic....HBO and Showtime are ok...reg Directv is better than I thought. I hooked up my dvd non-progressive to te component inputs in the back and all was well. I like it ...great deal and so far no problems. I was experiencing some pixilation on the reg DTV ...I changed the noise setting which was off to low and everything really improved. Picture on anolog is great now....also put the sharpness up all the way and it looks great.

Only thing is Why the hell does showtimeHD broadcast City Slickers in 4:3 format. I cant seem to change the format from 4:3 to 16:9 in HD. Anyway Im getting ready to attach my RS double boetie ant to one ant input in the back in search of OTA digital and HD I cant wait until tonight PRIME TIME...Baseball on HDNET. Im a happy camper can you tell.......Thank You for everyone who has helped me....Thank You.

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
I picked up this set for $1299 yesterday at Sears. I have been looking for a DV set for my bedroom and I was able to really shake down the salesman. (I am known for this. My friends take me with them shopping for major purchases just to get a better deal.) I could not pass up this deal. This is my third HDTV. I am very pleased with it as I already have two other DTC-100s and using this set is a no brainer. The pq is very good even though the dot pitch is .78. Colors look very rich and vibrant.

·
Registered
76 Posts
$1300 for a new one?

My god, I wish you were with me when I bought mine two weeks. You should offer your services to the rest of us for a price. :)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Any suggestions on how you got that good of a price?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.