AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this in the Draper thread but thought I might get more feedback here. (mods, if that's a no-no, I'll be happy to remove one)

Anybody have any experience (positive, negative) with the Draper Diplomat tripod family of projection screens?

Draper Diplomat Portable Screen

I have an opportunity to pick one of this up for around $60 and I'm trying to gauge how good a screen this is for that price. The one available to me isn't new, but is in decent condition (I'm told).. I'll be going to look at it in a couple weeks when visiting family, and if all looks good I'll take it home with me (shipping would be crazy since it's such a long tube)

I have been looking for something portable, convenient, and quick. Would prefer acoustical transparent material, but those are just WWAAYY too expensive (even on eBay), and the AT screens I have found aren't very portable (tripod, etc). Looked into DIY, but for the large format I'd like (>100" diag), a collapsible frame would be about $50-70 by itself (interlocking aluminum), which is what I can get this portable tripod screen for..

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what other people think about this screen? Good bang for the (very low) buck? Looking for honest feedback (good and bad)..

FWIW, the screen available to me is matte white, which from what I've read is probably a good choice for us since we have a very wide viewing area (family room, tripod setup along the long wall)..

thanks!

..dane

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Diplomat is a good quality tripod screen from an American manufacturer. I think it is fair to say it is one of the best tripod screen options available.

Of course, used equipment should always be reviewed with care...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback-- I plan to pick it up in about two weeks and will have a chance to look it over real good at that time..

Didn't know they were american production-- makes me feel better already.

thanks again,

..dane

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it over the weekend and it looks great. No pictures of it yet, but the screen looks great! The outer casing has a few dents in it, but it's not pinching or deforming the screen any, so no worries there.

..dane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts