AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard the company was going belly up, filing for bankruptcy, chapter 11, programing going the way of the dinosaurs. What true, whats not. Should I buy, or not. TIA.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
SonicBlue indeed did go bankrupt. D+M holdings purchased many of the assets and has (at least in the press) indicated that they will continue to support the existing customer base.

If you had asked the same question 14 days ago, I would have said.....well, perhaps you should wait. As it stands now, I think that the Replay line is as viable its ever been.

Just my lousy $0.02 worth,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rugby

I know the search function can be very useful in most occassions however not so when your looking the latest information. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
419 Posts
jerry22m,

I agree that sometimes the latest info isn't readily available on searches, HOWEVER, you can drill down a couple of pages to see the latest poop going around.

I would definitely buy one if I didn't already have one.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
And sometimes it's tough to figure out the keywords that will give you relevant information without a million hits.

I'd buy in a heartbeat if I had a need for another one. I almost bought one on eBay a couple weeks ago before the auction. The prices were rock bottom but now they're all the way back up.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bought a new one from Costco. I love it. There are so many more features then my Showstoppers. I like the CA. It works most of the time. Now when Jay Leno says "We'll be right back he means he will be right back.

Al

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best Buy has the 5080 for $399 less a $100 mail in rebate, whats your view on ever receiving that rebate. TIA.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
at this point i wouldn't trust rebates at all. if you're not willing to pay the full price, don't buy it. word is that a new, improved software (5.0) is coming out soon (see get 5.0 early! ). i'd buy now. it'll change your tv viewing habits f'ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.