·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I guess if you must know, it's a bedroom. I have someone that wants the Sony I have now so I'm ready to buy this one if it's a good tv. I don't have the money for the top of the line and I don't want a bottom of the heap tv either.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyGotHDTV /forum/post/18133170

I currently have the Sony KDL-40V2500. I've had it for the past 2 years or so. I'm looking at this tv:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^E165296,frames^y,from^se,cm_scid^isrc,cm_ssi^Ite m:%20E165296&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-E165296#BVQAWidgetID

I know it's better than what I have now, but is it worth it or can I do better? OK, I know I can do better, but for that price, too good to pass up? Thanks!

Your link to the new TV you are looking at didn't come up as a hot-link. Please revise it so we can see what you are looking at.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyGotHDTV /forum/post/18133367

No. I guess if you must know, it's a bedroom. I have someone that wants the Sony I have now so I'm ready to buy this one if it's a good tv. I don't have the money for the top of the line and I don't want a bottom of the heap tv either.

What do you have in your living room?

I'd say the Vizio is a downgrade from what you have now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well isn't it? I mean every spec is hands and feet above what I have now. I'm asking for an opinion though. I don't need anything bigger than a 40 or 42" so let's not say I need anything bigger, there is no room for it. I'd like to not spend a fortune on it, if possible. That's why I'm looking at this tv.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyGotHDTV /forum/post/18133921

Well isn't it? I mean every spec is hands and feet above what I have now. I'm asking for an opinion though. I don't need anything bigger than a 40 or 42" so let's not say I need anything bigger, there is no room for it. I'd like to not spend a fortune on it, if possible. That's why I'm looking at this tv.
Well, I don't know! Have you seen the TV in person? If so, then you should know if it's as good, better, or worse than what you already have. If you haven't seen it, you or anyone else would be a fool to buy a TV based on a set of specs, especially since virtually every TV manufacturer measures different things differently.

Look at it, decide, and then buy what looks best to your eyes.

As for myself, I'll be darned if I'll offer advice on a TV I haven't seen and I sure as heck wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyGotHDTV /forum/post/18133921

As best as I could determine the set you are looking at is the following:

http://www.vizio.com/flat-panel-hdtvs/sv422xvt.html

I can mention several things.

1) I saw the Vizio 55 inch 551 at Sams Club and I thought it had the best picture of any set they had on display.

2) According to Consumer Reports, Vizio is now a top-tier brand.

3) Vizio reliability ranks with the best.

4) The specifications certainly look good.

5) Even if you saw the Vizio in a showroom, you wouldn't know how it was adjusted.

6) IMHO, salespeople will try to steer you towards Samsung.

Having said all that, there is an inherent risk in ordering something without seeing it first. I noticed Dell has the same model for $100 more.

Essentially, this TV is too new to have much in the way of reviews.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toondog /forum/post/18134359

this is a review of the 47" model http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...eview-1093.htm

As the review says, "the blacks were not very deep, and images had a muddy look. But otherwise, the SV471XVT was an excellent performer at a very reasonable price."

When talking about a TV with bad picture quality, it's kind of like, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyGotHDTV /forum/post/18134474

OK, I'll wait. It's not like I was going to jump into buying it right now anyway. I'll do some more research and then decide. Btw, which tv(s) do you currently own BoilerJim?

I have a 2008 Samsung LN46A650 and a 2009 Samsung LN37B650, both great TVs. Never had a problem with either of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.