AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this by accident and can't find any mention of it here or in the FAQ.

Anyhow, if you press "jump" while going through the channel guide, your cursor moves over to the station name. While there, you can quickly remove the channel from the list without the need to go into the Menu--->Setup--->Add/Remove channels.

It's really not all that helpful if you are doing the initial setup and/or removing a large number of channels, but it is nice to get rid of those odd channels that pop up on occassion. Also, you can't add the channels back in through this method, but the Replay is even nice enough to remind you of this.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks l8er, I knew it had to be in the FAQ somewhere. I can't find a search on the FAQ anywhere (except for the "Search Amazon" ad) and I checked out the "Remote Control" and "Tips and Tricks" sections. Perhaps I'll add a comment in the "Remote Control Shortcuts" portion of the FAQ.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks Ace - I for one am glad you brought it up even though it's been documented. I never ran across that feature before, and it definitely solves one of life's little annoyances.

Cheers,

Rick

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned it too. My current setup includes using a Samsung HD tuner that is setup as a DirectTV tuner on the Replay. The Replay's directTV listings are constantly adding high numbered channels and it's a pain to go through setup to get rid of them.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenEric
Cool. Now where's the setting to make new channels not get added to the guide by default?
Will be there Q1 '03.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.