AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new 360 from costco and noticed upon opening, the outer box had two round sealing disks covering the opening. strange i thought, but i hooked it up and it locked up on saints row demo but ran last night for about 5 straight hours with about an hour and a half gaming on kameo and the rest on pause while i watched the b-ball game.

my manufacturing date though is july 2006. sounds a little old doesnt it? do you think costco is selling refurbs or they just had older stock? any other way to tell?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I brought mines from costco also, if you have any doubts bring it back. I didnot notice any stickers on.

I'm not sure on this but mines is manufacture in August 2006, and it is loud. The earlier versions might be a little more quiet. So do keep this in mind if you are getting the later version one (if yours is quiet).

Basically without the volume on , sounds like air conditioner is on.

Good luck

·
Registered
674 Posts
The date it was made has nothing to do with whether it's a refurb or not. A store like costco wouldn't sell refurbished systems, they ain't a video game store and don't have people sell them used consoles back. Your system was probably just sitting on store shelves for a long time and thats why the date it was made is from a few months back. 360's are in steady supply now, they been for the past few months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.