Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Cedia;

"Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced the DVD-HD931, a DVD player capable of 720p/1080i output. A CEDIA Daily Hot 50 award winner, the DVD-HD931 upconverts DVD video to HD-level resolution.

The DVD-HD931 features a DVI output and Faroudja's DCDiâ„¢ video processing technology.

"The DVD-HD931 is the perfect solution for someone who has already invested in a HD Display or is considering making the investment and wants to get the most out of what DVD has to offer, "commented Claude Frank, Samsung Electronics America's Director for Digital Audio/Video, "Samsung has taken a strong position in the DVD category and we plan to maintain that level of commitment with the introduction of innovative new models that meet a broad array of consumer needs. The DVD-HD931 offers unprecedented DVD video and audio enjoyment."

The DVD-HD931 features a silver chassis with a half-mirror front panel, and has an MSRP of $349.

For more information about Samsung Electronics America, Inc., visit www.samsungusa.com.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's only $299 on there website.

I'm not as clued up as most people here on this stuff but I thought that DVD's could only be as good as the quality they are recorded in.

Can this make a regular DVD better or is it more on the "gimmicky" side?

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arkid
It's only $299 on there website.

I'm not as clued up as most people here on this stuff but I thought that DVD's could only be as good as the quality they are recorded in.

Can this make a regular DVD better or is it more on the "gimmicky" side?
Neither. What it does is display what is on the DVD with out distorting it as much as other methods.

It sounds like the current model, not a new model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.