AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new G-15 has two purple pixels. If a pixel is stuck-on, wouldn't it almost always be red, blue or green (except if you had two stuck on pixels from two different panels exactly in the same spot)? Since mine are purple, does that indicate I have a stuck-off green pixel, and that the red and blue pixels that are still working at that spot are together creating the purple color?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yes, that makes sense. An easy way to check would be to send it a black screen, if you can, and see if it's still there. You can also cycle through the different background colors that you can change in the menus, and see how that affects it.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
If it is purple on a white background, it's a stuck-off green (red+blue only).

If it is black on the green background, your above assumption is correct.

If it is purple on only a black background (tough to see), then it is a stuck-off red and blue in the same exact pixel location (extrememly unlikely!).

If it is black on the magenta background, the above assumption is correct.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I did a test. Notably, the pixel does not appear at all on any of the color fields generated by the projector when there is no input. But when I use the color fields on Avia, it does not appear on the red, blue or magenta field. It is purple on the yellow field, blue on the cyan field, and black on the green field. On any white or gray field, such as the 80 IRE field, it is purple. This probably does indicate that it is a stuck off green, right?

Should be less concerned that it is a stuck off pixel? I have heard that stuck on pixels worse, but a purple dot is a purple dot, just like a red dot is a red dot right?

It seems to me the Panamorph will reduce the visibility of the pixel, since it compresses the image, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.