AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my Mitsubishi 48311 and every once in a while, the screen will "sparkle" a bit and then go black for a few seconds. Being new to these HDTVs I was not sure if this may be a problem with the TV or the cable reception. I never noticed this happening with my 32" Toshiba, but this is a new cable box (for HD) and a new TV.

I seem to recall seeing some posts long ago for some problems with the Mits screen going black, but I can recall if that was for a short time or extended time.

Any help or expertise ya'll can provide would be appreciated.

Jim
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sparkle? Does it look like a bunch of boxes, flickering on and off for a second or so, then you get a blank screen? If so, chances are that you are watching a digitally encoded channel. When there is a problem with the cable signal, (noise, low signal strength, etc), the signal will pixelate and then drop off. Unlike analog cable that will exhibit poor reception (usually a snowy screen) under the same conditions. This is sometimes unavoidable, but if it happens too often you may want to contact your cable company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.