AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

So here's the deal. I need to pick up a sub for my current budget HT setup and ran across an opportunity to get a sub and maybe upgrade my front and center speakers.

Here's what I have at the moment:

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-818V

Speakers: Leftover front, center and rear surrounds from Onkyo HT-R340 HtiB

Sub: None at the moment (Pioneer requires active sub, Onkyo is passive so sub not being used)

Here's what I'm about to go look at:

Used JBL HLS620 series floorstanding speakers, a JBL center speaker (model unknown), and a JBL PB-10 sub. And a Kenwood VR505 receiver. All for $125.

Would replacing the Onkyo fronts and sub with the JBL speakers be a step up in sound quality? I want to assume so. And by selling the Kenwood for $40 or $50 I've only spent $50 or $60. Does this sound like a good deal to take?

By the way, I'm no audiophile and this is system is to be used for watching TV and movies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It turned out to be a great deal. All the speakers were in pristine condition and have been rarely used. I walked away with everything along with some Monster speaker wire for $100. Best of all the system sounds much better than before and once I sell the receiver I'm only out around $50!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.