AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this TV (47LM4600) for about 5 months with zero problems. Almost overnight I noticed white background spots in the corners. Even after I turned backlight down to 30 I still get them (as shown in photo). Is this normal or should I call LG and try to get a replacement? The bleed is still visible during daylight hours and annoy me when I am watching movies in letterbox format.

Any advice for calling LG to complain? Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Unless someone put pressure on the panel (maybe by wiping it?) I don't see how this could develop overnight. Sometimes you don't notice things that get gradually worse until it hits a certain point, and once you've noticed it you always see it.

Is it normal? Well, in my experience corner flashlighting is not uncommon in edge-lit sets. Even brand new it can be fairly bad. Yours might be a little worse than the ones I've briefly owned.

You could try calling LG, but they may say that some bleed is endemic to the tech and not do anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.