AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing because I recently picked up a Samsung UN40H5203 on the cheap and I want to be sure if this issue is within spec. I know this tv is known for motion blur problems. What I'm noticing can't really be seen with live action movies and tv, but on things like cartoons which have high contrast images of solid colors, I notice that blacks on lighter colors tend to stick around for a brief second as the image changes. Lowering the sharpness of the tv helps the issue a little bit. No other setting changes improve or worsen it. Essentially, I'm wondering if motion blur is always a smooth blur, or if it can be a choppy, brief, retention of color (black in this case), as can be seen above.

Here is video of what I'm describing. I have confirmed that these issues are not found in the source material:

Here, when Peter's mouth closes, you can briefly see where it was previously open:

Keep an eye on the black nose as the head turns:

Keep an eye on the left side of Mrs. Klaus' apron as she enters the room:

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently this model has a long motion blur trail, which seems to be noticeable on video games or sport. Before buying a TV check out reviews and read/participate in User threads..and check out TV in the store see if you can live with TVs shortcomings.
http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung/h5203
Thank you very much for your help. I read that review and I was trying to figure out if what I've recorded is an example of what they are describing as a motion blur trail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts