Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

Can any of you tell me if this referbed dvd player from sharper image is the coveted xp30?

Go to sharper image web site (sorry can't post url's) make sure you select the outlet store. top right yellow menu item and seach for PA500YYY

And if so, is this a good deal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks scored one. Need something better then my s35, to use on my mits 55413 untill a descent cheap dvd player comes out with dvi.

--pat

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I just bought 2! :D

Tiger

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just called customer service, and she said the Manufacture model number is DVDXP30S

So I believe this is the jewel. And you guys are making me order one, I feel so guilty. I have been spoiling the hell out of myself lately, while the wife is being so kind and patient :(

·
Registered
864 Posts
SevenVII:

Then you should have performed more bedroom duties!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now says "On Backorder"...

--JJ

·
Registered
81 Posts
OMG... I just got screwed out of the deal. Sharper Image screwed up my order that I placed 6 hours ago and said that my credit card was declined because my shipping zip code didn't match the billing zip code (despite the fact that the shipping address IS listed on file with the credit card company). Then, when I switched, they said my order was now on backorder because of it. ARRGH! Any of you guys who bought multiple units want to throw some pity my way and send me one for cost?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Odd...my cc and shipping addresses don't match, and I've received no notifications from them! They'd better not put me on backorder!!!

-JR

ADDED -

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I guess 5:02 pm yesterday was too late to order. I just called to double check on when it would ship, and they're telling me that it's on backorder and they have no date as to when they will receive any more.

Did anyone actually get a confirm that they got one?

-JR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered at about 1pm pst yesterday. I just called and inquired about my order. They said my order was picked and should be shipped out today.

:)

I also asked about the free shipping and am now getting a refund back for that.

130.84 shipped !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whahoo!

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for shopping at sharperimage.com!

The listed items on order number xxxxxxx were shipped

on January 27, 2004. See below for tracking, if available:

Qty SKU Description Price

1 PA500YYY SLIM DVD PLAYER $118.97

The total charge for this order is $146.79, including tax

and shipping.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The customer service at the Sharper Image is just horrendous. I placed an order over the phone for 2 of these minutes after seeing the original post on this thread. They took my order, took my credit card info, and the items still haven't shipped almost 48 hours later. I've called 4 different times now and heard a different story each time.

They're basically telling me they aren't going to send me a damn thing and that they no longer carry the item. I'm trying to tell them I know they had these things in stock because someone on this thread obviously had one shipped to them. They're just playing dumb with me. :( What a joke!

They seem like the most unorganized bunch of people you'll ever talk to in your life.

Tiger

·
Registered
113 Posts
Their site now says "no longer available" and there is no "add to cart" button. Searching for PA500YYY also draws a blank. Looks like it's too late for me....

HDD

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Wow...very bizarre. I called again today, to cancel my order (since they informed me yesterday I'd been put on a backorder list), and this time they tell me the unit is shipping to me from Chicago.

I called a 2nd time, got a different customer service rep, and they gave me the same info, that my unit was about to ship and I should receive it in 7-10 business days (I chose standard ground).

I checked online via their website order status tracker, and it simply says my order is still processing.

Interesting...

-JR

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I called today and they just told me absolutely, positively, I would not be recieving my 2 Xp30's that I ordered. Of course this was the 4th different story i've heard so who knows. :) The people and the system they have at that company is disgraceful. Honestly, i've never encountered anything like it before. :(

The worst part is I know I placed my order very quickly. Minutes after Psloan and before most people had even seen this thread. I also placed my order by phone which I guess is not suppose to happen for items like this. So, I should have been one of the first on the list. Somehow they claim i'm not one of the 27 people who recieved one. :(

Tiger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.