AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would think one of the objectives of an HD programming board would be just that. Recording Movies onto a DVS tape or DVD-R. It seems that there is a dearth of postings alerting great HD movies to possibly record at critical times. And do not bring up DVR- you can't keep that on media-sorry fella -I want to access it 6-12 months from now. Hell maybe people just watch and don't record. Vex's me.

· Banned
892 Posts
I think he meant to say that there is an HDTV programming forum.

Recording HDTV is still not 'mainstream' yet since the 'solutions' are very expensive, and sometimes not very user friendly.

· Registered
20,517 Posts
OK--you're interested in archiving recordings of HD movies, which many people in this forum do by a variety of means, from over-the-air broadcasts, cable and satellite. However, I'm not sure what you're looking for. You said:
Quote:
It seems that there is a dearth of postings alerting great HD movies to possibly record at critical times.
If you're interested in knowing what's on when, you're looking for the HDTV Programming forum (or a TV Guide :)). This (the HDTV Recorders forum) is for discussion of various current and emerging methods of recording HDTV.

· Registered
967 Posts
There are many many many people here who archive HD to all types of archival medium. My primary storage device is harddrives. I currently have over 80 harddrives full of HD data. I use the largest harddrives available at the time of purchase. I also store onto DVD-R (only shows that I would rarely if ever watch), as well as DVHS. I've been archiving HD for over 3 years now, and there are others who have been collecting much longer than me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.