AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately that the corners of my Hitachi 51F59 are getting a little blurry. Is there anything I can do to fix this, without accessing the service menu (I'm not very skilled when it comes to TV's)?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have a look in the user menu. (press the MENU button on your remote control)

Scroll down to SETUP. Select SETUP.

Here you will find MAGIC FOCUS TUNE-UP. Select MAGIC FOCUS TUNE-UP.

When you look at the available options there, you will find both the 9 POINT and the 117 POINT options.

Both will allow you to adjust the convergence of the green, red and blue cathode ray tubes. When the tubes are properly converged, the picture on your screen should no longer be fuzzy.

Don't forget to check your owner's manual where you will find this same information along with more detail.

51f59. Nice tv. When you have your convergence corrected, all will be well with the world.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawktim /forum/post/15471524

Have a look in the user menu. (press the MENU button on your remote control)

Scroll down to SETUP. Select SETUP.

Here you will find MAGIC FOCUS TUNE-UP. Select MAGIC FOCUS TUNE-UP.

When you look at the available options there, you will find both the 9 POINT and the 117 POINT options.

Both will allow you to adjust the convergence of the green, red and blue cathode ray tubes. When the tubes are properly converged, the picture on your screen should no longer be fuzzy.

Don't forget to check your owner's manual where you will find this same information along with more detail.

51f59. Nice tv. When you have your convergence corrected, all will be well with the world.

Is the magic focus different for each input? I just recently switched my Xbox 360 to a different input, and now I am noticing it...

And maybe the manual adjustment could get a better picture??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts