AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow. If true, then I am sold! I can probably return my i1 Display LT that seems to have a problem with red so instead of gettting an exhange.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
???

They have Calman software only -- $199 or Calman with EyeOne Display2 Colorimeter for $299. The Colorimeter has a street price of about $150 so it is $150 for the program....

·
Registered
12,698 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab /forum/post/18189374

???

They have Calman software only -- $199 or Calman with EyeOne Display2 Colorimeter for $299. The Colorimeter has a street price of about $150 so it is $150 for the program....

"CalMAN Home Edition

For Spyder2, Spyder3, EyeOne Display2, DisplayLT, DTP-94, ColorPro II.
NOW INCLUDES FREE X-RITE EYEONE DISPLAY 2!!!

3v100

$199"

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Man news travels fast we have not even sent out the news letter announcing this yet we only just updated the item on our website.

The information is correct we just added to our base “CalMAN Home Edition” a free Display2 this is not a limited time offer but a new program we have worked out with X-Rite.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bailey /forum/post/18189809

Are you weeding out the i1D2s that don't meet a certain criteria, or is X-Rite?

Nope to either. These are brand new Display2's.

We buy thousands of meters from X-Rite each year and have worked out a very good price on the Display2. So instead of just pocketing the difference we are passing the savings on to the end user directly. Very straight forward no hidden agenda or dumping of b-stock.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/18189436

"CalMAN Home Edition

For Spyder2, Spyder3, EyeOne Display2, DisplayLT, DTP-94, ColorPro II.
NOW INCLUDES FREE X-RITE EYEONE DISPLAY 2!!!

3v100

$199"

LOL I didn't scroll down far enough - thanks!

What sucks is I ordered my meter from Amazon 3 days ago. Not shipped yet, but they won't let me cancel it. So if I return it I eat the freight from Alaska......

Anyone that has used Calman and HCFR -- how much better / easier to use?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar1950 /forum/post/18192045

Do you need a license and if so which would one ?

Was this for me?

HCFR is free so was going to download that

Calman would need to buy it so now it has gone from $199 to really more like $70 with the packaged X-Rite which is a big difference. Guess the question is if it is worth $70 over downloading HCFR

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is not clear if you can use the HTPC Pattern generator in automated mode with the home version. The license info page makes it clear that you cannot, however other pages contained seemingly contradictory info. Seems kind of useless without the automation.

Also, what happens after 1 year if you do not pay the $39/year support fee? Does your license key expire or are you just locked out of software upgrades? How often do they upgrade the software?

Are you locked to the Colorimeter that comes with it, or can you use other Colorimeters (listed as supported by the home version) with no hassle?

Is a tripod mount included?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaGeorge /forum/post/18193487

It is not clear if you can use the HTPC Pattern generator in automated mode with the home version. The license info page makes it clear that you cannot, however other pages contained seemingly contradictory info. Seems kind of useless without the automation.

Yes Home Version works with the CalMAN HTPC Pattern Generator
Look here

Quote:

Also, what happens after 1 year if you do not pay the $39/year support fee? Does your license key expire or are you just locked out of software upgrades? How often do they upgrade the software?

The support fee is for getting updates past the 1 year period.

The software keeps working

Quote:

Are you locked to the Colorimeter that comes with it, or can you use other Colorimeters (listed as supported by the home version) with no hassle?

The Home License is for all the Tristim meters
Look Here

Quote:

Is a tripod mount included?

I don't think they have one for the D2...but you can make one

Hope this helps

RayJr

·
Registered
366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr /forum/post/18193600

Yes Home Version works with the CalMAN HTPC Pattern Generator
Look here

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'm paranoid
, but what is meant by this excerpt from the Calman Licensing Policy:

"Home license exclusions

The Home license does not automate the use of pattern generators."

If I recall correctly, HCFR can automate grayscale and primary/secondary measurements using generated patterns sent to a second monitor (the PJ on an HDMI laptop output) while using the primary monitor (the laptop display) for display/control and even blanks the laptop screen while taking measurements. Does Calman home version do something similar?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaGeorge /forum/post/18194049

"Home license exclusions

If I recall correctly, HCFR can automate grayscale and primary/secondary measurements using generated patterns sent to a second monitor (the PJ on an HDMI laptop output) while using the primary monitor (the laptop display) for display/control and even blanks the laptop screen while taking measurements. Does Calman home version do something similar?

Yes with our HTPC pattern generator.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaGeorge /forum/post/18194049

"Home license exclusions

It varies per device.

http://www.spectracal.com/sources.html

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico /forum/post/18196023

What about a combination with the Enthusiast license? Can we get a FREE EYEONE DISPLAY 2?

Federico

No this is only for the base Home license.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wow, that is a killer deal. Kudos to Derek and the guys at Spectracal for coming out with a very economical option to get both the Calman software and a hobbyist level colorimeter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts