AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I posted during last weeks 5 messages describing some problems Im having. I had a response in one of them. No responses at all in 4 of them. I know no one is obliged to response but I can believe nobody can help in the doubts I have. On the other hand I see hundreds of responses in some topics in which it seems "the group" has interest. Its a petty.

Jose.

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Is it possible that your earlier posts were questions that could have been easily found with a few searches? Sometimes posts will go unanswered if the topic can be easily found with a few clicks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its also possible that no one knew the answers. I probably didn't, and if I don't know, I don't respond. What were your questions again?

As for the "group", I'm certainly not part of the group, I don't post *that* much, and I don't understand most of the technical discussions that go on, but I've pretty much found that if someone knows the answer to my questions or comments, they respond, if they don't, they don't. The comment above is also true. Don't take it personally.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Don't take it personally. No, there isn't a secret password or handshake. The most important things when posting a question are:
  • Use a descriptive subject. Include model numbers if the question is about a specific piece of equipment. People who own the same piece of equipment seem to feel responsibility to help others with the same equipment.
  • Be specific about your problem.
  • Ask a consise question. Make sure the question stands out from the description. People skim more than they read, so if they don't find your question, they can't answer it.
  • Send me a couple hundred dollars and I'll add you to the "preferred" list.:D

--Burke

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Please keep in mind that if that most people on this forum are very busy, so they won't go into posts that might not be of interest to them. The way I decide (and I'm assuming others do the same) is to read the subject and decide whether or not to read the message.

If you don't get many people to read your message, knowledgable people probably haven't read your message and so have not responded.

I try to avoid subjects that have "Please HELP!!!" in them (usually a newbie that could have had his answers in a 2 minute search).

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BurkeLaShell
there isn't a secret password or handshake.

--Burke
hehehe. You think he believed you??? :D ;)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Only for the chosen few. Next time put the words "big breasts" into the title. That is sure to attract my attention, and even if I don't have an answer, I'll make one up. Have gotten very good at that, having been married so many years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.