AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 30 hrs on the projector and usually keep the lense cap on when its not in use..Is this how dirty the lense will get every 30 or so hours?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Don't worry. It's the enormous amount of light which makes it look far worse than it actualy is. I just cleaned mine with lens cleaner and when the lamp is off it looks as clean as can be but when I turn it on it looks just like the one in your picture.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
you can use a U/V filter to protect the lens and leave it on at all times.

James

·
Registered
85 Posts
As long as you dont have fingerprints on it, you can blow that off with a short burst of gas (HOLD CAN UPRIGHT!). I personally think its better than touching anything to your lens.

·
Registered
670 Posts
As long as you dont use anything abrasive, and blow or gently brush any large dust particles off first, there is absolutely no problem with touching a lens. It's better to moisten the lens first, your breath works just fine for this if you can get your mouth close enough.

I use something called a lens pen to clean mine every once in a while when I am feeling anal, but to be honest, I can't see any difference after I do.

·
Registered
670 Posts
A soft cotton cloth works just as well, just avoid anything made from wood fiber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.