AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an Onkyo HT-SR600 5.1 HTIB. The main reason is for the 2 optical inputs for my tv and XBox 360.

I'm extremely new at home theater so I'm wanting to make sure that the system will have enough inputs to support my hardware.

Here's a list of what I plan on hooking to it:

Vizio 42" LCD (VZ42L)

XBox 360 (using as DVD player also)

Digital DVR cable box

PS2

Wii

Will the Onkyo HT-SR600 support all those source devices without a switch?

Ideally I'd like for all of them to be hooked to the setup for surround. Which brings me to the second question. How should I connect everything?

It looks like the receiver has video in/out also so does it act like a video switch itself or should I still connect all video sources directly to the tv and all audio to the receiver?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It should work but forget about upgrading to Hidef or blu-ray, the lack of HDMI inputs will somewhat cripple you down the road..

·
Registered
114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishkabibbel2000 /forum/post/12991677

I'm looking at buying an Onkyo HT-SR600 5.1 HTIB. The main reason is for the 2 optical inputs for my tv and XBox 360.

I'm extremely new at home theater so I'm wanting to make sure that the system will have enough inputs to support my hardware.

Here's a list of what I plan on hooking to it:

Vizio 42" LCD (VZ42L)

XBox 360 (using as DVD player also)

Digital DVR cable box

PS2

Wii

Will the Onkyo HT-SR600 support all those source devices without a switch?

Ideally I'd like for all of them to be hooked to the setup for surround. Which brings me to the second question. How should I connect everything?

It looks like the receiver has video in/out also so does it act like a video switch itself or should I still connect all video sources directly to the tv and all audio to the receiver?

Thanks in advance.

that home theater system might be enough for all your component that you want to hook up. connect the 360 to tv using hdmi or component then run optical cable to receiver. then connect cable box to tv using component or hdmi and run optical or digital cox s/pdif to receiver. then connect ps2 two tv using rca's or component cables and run optical to receiver. connect wii to tv using rca's or component if u also want surround sound from wii run red and white audio cables to receiver. if u don't have enough inputs on tv run then run cables to receiver in and cables to tv using receiver out to tv. if that home theater does not have all the inputs you want you might want to take a look at this receiver http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7023&CatId=353

1 - 5 of 5 Posts