AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tv has shadowy marks on it and I was wondering what they are and if there is any method of fixing them?

This Viewsonic LCD tv used to be owned by a friend who isn't very observant or picky about picture quality, so they didn't really notice the issue at first, so I don't know how or when it got there or what may have caused it. (In fairness, it is a bit difficult to notice it under certain circumstances, for example if you were watching CNN talking heads or bright sitcoms.)

It is also not particularly visible if you leave it on the standard tv "mute" solid blue color. (Even though these pictures seem like that's what is showing on the tv, in real life that's actually a somewhat dark gray maybe slightly purple-ish color that I was putting on the screen with an attached laptop, to get the issue to show up this well.)

Mostly you notice it (a lot) when watching movies and during sweeping or panning shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't return it, it's old now.

Are there any known techniques to try to fix or improve the look of it?

Any point in me loosening the screws or something? Or do I just accept that this is how it looks and too bad

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
When there is a some clouding you can try loosening the screws or massaging the screen which means that you use a HD TV cleaning cloth and by rubbing/massaging/preasuring one might be able to replace the clouding. In your case the screenproblem is severe so you can be shure that nothing will help, nevertheless check out the rubbing/massaging/preasuring thing and see if it has any effect, be carefull though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts