AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not my Plasma....but a friend's Phillips.

Just curious if anyone has any guesses what this could be....if it is an affordable part (out of warranty)....and how much I could get for it as a boat anchor

**edit** Guess I should add that this happens on all inputs....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
if you have already tried the power-reset (i.e, unplug ac for one minute and replug) it has very likely developed hardware issues.

are there any blinking lights? they some times tell you what has failed.

in my experience most digital tvs cost $600+ to get fixed so you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkollen /forum/post/18282852

This is not my Plasma....but a friend's Phillips.

Just curious if anyone has any guesses what this could be....if it is an affordable part (out of warranty)....and how much I could get for it as a boat anchor

**edit** Guess I should add that this happens on all inputs....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...tried the power on power off....tried different sources on different inputs. No blinking lights. I told him even if it was 200 bucks to fix...do you really want to put any money into a phillips plasma?!?! (no offense to phillips fans). With some Pannys (please let's not start the black level talk) still being cleared out for rock bottom prices....i'd put the 200 into that.

With that being said he is still curious if there is a board he can buy and possibly install himself...or at least have installed cheap....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts