AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I I'd like to do is connect this receiver, and all of my components to two TVs. The TVs will be on opposite sides of the same wall (one in the main media room and one in my bedroom). The receiver and all of the components will be in the nearby closet. The media room TV is 1080p while the bedroom TV is 720p. There will be surround speakers in the media room, while I will need to use the TV speakers in the bedroom. The receiver I plan to purchase at this point is the Denon 3808ci.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

My first thought was to connect the output from the receiver to an HDMI splitter. But since one of the TVs is 720p, would this knock down the signal for both to 720p? Or would the 1080p TV still get a 1080 signal? Also, can I send the sound to both my speakers and to the TVs through the HDMI? Or do I have to choose one or the other?

The other idea I had would be to connect to the media room TV with HDMI and use the component output to connect to the bedroom TV. Could this work?

All help is appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
2,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike /forum/post/15413869

What I I'd like to do is connect this receiver, and all of my components to two TVs. The TVs will be on opposite sides of the same wall (one in the main media room and one in my bedroom). The receiver and all of the components will be in the nearby closet. The media room TV is 1080p while the bedroom TV is 720p. There will be surround speakers in the media room, while I will need to use the TV speakers in the bedroom. The receiver I plan to purchase at this point is the Denon 3808ci.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

My first thought was to connect the output from the receiver to an HDMI splitter. But since one of the TVs is 720p, would this knock down the signal for both to 720p? Or would the 1080p TV still get a 1080 signal? Also, can I send the sound to both my speakers and to the TVs through the HDMI? Or do I have to choose one or the other?

The other idea I had would be to connect to the media room TV with HDMI and use the component output to connect to the bedroom TV. Could this work?

All help is appreciated. Thanks

Perhaps using some sort of switchbox with the 3808 will do what you want. The 3808 only has composite or s-video out for zone 2. You might need a 4308 to accomplish what your looking to do which has two monitor outputs and also has componenent video output for zone 2.

· Registered
13,326 Posts
It does seem, you could go in component from everything to the AVR and use the component output as well as the HDMI output of the AVR to achieve it. I think you would have to stick to 1080i for everything, but that's not so bad at all.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the HDMI splitter would work if both TVs were 1080p, but since one is 720p, I think the only way to get this to work would be to output a 720p signal from the receiver... which I don't want to do. Maybe I'll just double up on the DISH satelite, and not worry about connecting the bedroom TV to all the other components. I think I could connect the satlite receiver to the A/V receiver with HDMI and simultaneously to the bedroom TV with component. Since it doesn't do 1080p anyways, it won't matter.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bluewaves, I just wanted to be sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that I could have audio on the speakers connected to the AVR or audio on both of the TV speakers, but that I couldn't have audio on all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.