AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, i am building a back screen porch with a bar/grill

i have a ln52a630 and bdp-3600 and looking for my reciever

But i have this question. Is there a way to use a 7.1 having a 5.1 in the tv room and the 2 out in the porch turning on/off when needed. AND play cable inside the house and pandora with blu ray player in porch?

Or can i have the 2 out of the 7.1 connected to a computer inside to control the pandora radio outside? trying to see if i need to start thinking about getting a 7.1 over the 5.1 that would be amazing option. just trying to see if its feasible before i research all the detail.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18140485

Most 7.1 AVRs with Zone 2 capability support only analog inputs for Zone 2. There may be some that support digital inputs for Zone 2 but I am not familiar with any of them.

Edit: Check out this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227059

That still shouldn't present too much of an issue if all you want to do is stream Pandora. You'll just have to hook up the L/R analog connections from your Blu-Ray player along with the HDMI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.