AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem. I have a pvr upstairs and a pvr downstairs, I would like to be able to watch either pvr from either location. The video connection is no problem but I can't seem to figure out the remotes. Both boxes have an IR remote right now. Am I dreaming in thinking I can find a solution for this.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
there's many solutions, from running an ir distribution block to using 2 separate rf remotes (and associated rf receivers)...

it all depends on how much you want to spend...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
What brand/provider of the PVR's?

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is less likely.

If your pvr can be assigned different controls then a simple IR distribution block might work. Otherwise when you press a button on one remote both boxes will respond.

A harmony 900 or 1000 with rf extenders can be assigned to control the boxes off of different ports eliminating the problem. I know some URC brand units can do the same and I believe some of the prontos from Phillis will as well. But all these options will be over $250+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.