AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to know if this is even possible- I am still someone who loves to collect cds (I have almost 900 or so). All of them are imported on to my iMAC hardrive through iTUNES. I just recently purchased a DENON AVR-X2100 to power my home theater room, and often times I just love to sit down there on the weekend and jam through tunes for a few hours. This involves loading one cd after another into a cheap Sony cd player. Is there ANY way that I can just use my AVR, in conjunction with my IMAC upstairs to have full access to ALL of my stored music!? Can this be done through WiFi or anything? I look forward to any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Easiest way? Get an Apple TV and hook it to your AVR. Attach it to your wireless network, and sign it into your iTunes and listen away.

That's assuming your AVR doesn't already have support for airplay - if it does you can set iTunes to play to it as if it was a set of speakers, or use an iPhone or iPad to do the same thing (the iPhone and iPad access your iTunes library and are set to play to the AVR using airplay).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
2100 has apple airplay, meaning you can send your music from Itunes to your avr Wirelessly through your p.c. or ipod/ipad...

Your 2100 also has a usb port in the front to hookup you ipod as well, and you can stream music stored on your p.c. also. Many options on the 2100 for streaming music...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2100 has apple airplay, meaning you can send your music from Itunes to your avr Wirelessly through your p.c. or ipod/ipad...

Your 2100 also has a usb port in the front to hookup you ipod as well, and you can stream music stored on your p.c. also. Many options on the 2100 for streaming music...
Please explain how to do this. All of my cds are on the hard drive of my IMAC. How can I access stuff from the hard drive of my computer to see on screen of my tv and play thru the Denon (with an all POLK 7.1 system)? I apologize if I am not asking this question correctly. Just not understanidng how to do this. These arent songs I have purchased through iTUNES, but rather songs that I have imported from my cds to my hardrive to PLAY through iTunes. Can this be done?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Please explain how to do this. All of my cds are on the hard drive of my IMAC. How can I access stuff from the hard drive of my computer to see on screen of my tv and play thru the Denon (with an all POLK 7.1 system)? I apologize if I am not asking this question correctly. Just not understanidng how to do this. These arent songs I have purchased through iTUNES, but rather songs that I have imported from my cds to my hardrive to PLAY through iTunes. Can this be done?
Not positive how it works on a mac. :( But on my Windows 7 P.C., I have all my cds loaded in WMC and my 4100 hooked up to my network via ethernet! The 4100 pics my p.c. up as a media center, and will Stream all of my Pics, Videos, and Music.

Im almost positive it wont recognize iTunes.... But, from your Macbook you should be able to select Airplay on the Mac from iTunes and stream your music to the 2100w as I can with my p.c.!:cool: Also if the songs are just on your hard drive or another type of music player other than iTunes, the 2100 should recognize them and play the files...

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Assuming you are not moving the iMac downstairs but you have network access to it... The easiest way was reply#1, buy an Apple TV, $70, attach it to your downstair TV and this will convert your TV into a smart TV that can "talk" to your iMac upstairs. BUT the interface on the Apple TV is kind of horrible, navigation wise.

My preferred way is to sync your Imac library to your iPad/iPod/iPhone, take this mobile device downstairs and will pipe its music to your Denon receiver directly via AirPlay wirelessly, read the Denon manual. Using a mobile device this way affords you the nice navigation right on your hands. No turning on TV required here.

Michael Teutul: "Anything is possible, It just takes more money!"

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
No need to sync the libraries as your iPhone or iPad can access iTunes directly through wireless. Just play the audio, tale the airplay button (rectangle with triangle pointing into it) and it will list your receiver. Select it and music comes out from the receiver.

The iTunes thing you need to set up is iTunes home sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts