Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Panasonic AE900U and Manual Elite Screen (i want an automatic now). Can i have both the projector and digital cable box receive the digital signal in one room? I want to use my regular tv for daily watchin but the projector for gaming, dvd, and special tv watchin.

Any help will be apreciated.

Now i need to read on for what wire are best for me.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Are you saying that you have a projector and a second display device in the same room and you want to watch one or the other using the STB as the source for both?

If that is your question then the answer is yes, how you wire it from the STB will depend on the outputs and inputs available to either device!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
List the available connections on teh AE900U, your digital cable box, and your other tv. Anyone here will easily be able to help you choose the best connection types to use for your situation

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not as knowledgeable as most of you so please excuse my description.

On the back of the Comcast Cable box there is a set of component inputs then another set that only has red and white. There is another input that sort of looks like an RGP input but it says data. There is another small hole that has IR above it. There is also an s-video input that Comcast has blocked.

On the back of the AE900U there are 2 sets of component inputs. THere is an S-Video in and Video in inputs. There is a serial connector, HDMI in and RGB connector.

On the back of my regular TV there is just a set of component inputs. That connects to my DVD player. Then there is an anntenna input that is connected to my VCR.

Just incase you need this too.

On the back of my DVD player for Video out there is a Video input, S-Video input, Y, Pb, Pr. Then for audio out there is just a R & L speaker input. There is also a digital plug input.

For my VCR i have 2 sets of components, an antenna input(connected to TV), then a in antenna which is connected to the cable box.

I dont even thnk this stuff is connected right.

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.