AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are shirts under the projector so it will be angled down to the screen. I just bought the fan from wal-mart and it cools very nicely. My biggest concern is the t-shirts under the projector angling it. Please let me know.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Safe, Probably not.

Somthing else that could be wrong with that set-up is I don't know if the projector is made to be run at that much of an angle or tilt.

Could make parts with bearing wear out faster and fail, like the color wheel and fans.

Maybe someone can chime in on this.

If you need the projector up high shouldn't you turn it upside down like you would do for a ceiling mount install ? That way you would not have to tilt it like that because of the projectors off set ?

What Make model is the projector ?

The color wheel could shatter which could in turn brake the lamp and that could light your stack of AC/DC t-shirts on fire...which would put you on a "Highway to Hell"...LOL..It might be safer to prop that projector up with snowballs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture /forum/post/18176612

Safe, Probably not.

Somthing else that could be wrong with that set-up is I don't know if the projector is made to be run at that much of an angle or tilt.

Could make parts with bearing wear out faster and fail, like the color wheel and fans.

Maybe someone can chime in on this.

If you need the projector up high shouldn't you turn it upside down like you would do for a ceiling mount install ? That way you would not have to tilt it like that because of the projectors off set ?

What Make model is the projector ?

The color wheel could shatter which could in turn brake the lamp and that could light your stack of AC/DC t-shirts on fire...which would put you on a "Highway to Hell"...LOL..It might be safer to prop that projector up with snowballs

It is the Optoma HD66. Good thought though. I forgot there are moving parts in there which might malfunction. I always move my projector around (from my room to the living room etc..) so i didn't want it screwed down. Can i just rest it on it's top, upsidedown?

EDIT: alright. My projector is upsidedown now. I'm using cardboard now on one side to level it since the shelf isn't 100% straight. Will this be ok? Just placing it on it's bare top on the shelf with the fan blowing on it?

·
Registered
303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudda_Kine /forum/post/18179000

Thank you for the replies!

No problem,

I would like to hear how you like that Optoma HD66.

Hope you are posting in the thread for the Optoma HD66.

It looks like you know how to use a camera and one thing I have learned is that everyone on the AVS forums loves to see a picture of any and all projectors in action..

So if you have not done so already try to post some pic's if you can, they are always very welcome.

Enjoy your new projector.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
You can't angle a projector like that without applying keystoning....can you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle /forum/post/18180228

You can't angle a projector like that without applying keystoning....can you?

The way i have it now (upsidedown) doesn't need any keystone. When i had it the way in the pictures, i think i had the keystone around 28-30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts